Well I did say things will be changing at the New England VMware User Group meeting and man they are!
Myself @JimPeluso, Matthew J. Brender @mjbrender, and Luigi Danakos @nerdblurt, have been working hard to bring a new segment to the @NEVMUG!
We have been talking for a while to determine a way to get user’s more involved with the community and we think we are on to something.
Enter the era of User Presentations. We now have several time slots available at the latest NEVMUG taking place on January 19th, 2012.
We are taking submissions for a couple weeks and are entertaining all user submissions. This means even if it is not strictly VMware related but why you went with Hyper-V or Xen over VMware and what types of analysis feel free to submit a session!
This is grassroots completely voluntary user driven approach to getting the User community more involved. You might ask yourself “Why would I use my time to present for free at a User Group?”
Well here are a few reasons:
1) You will attain experience speaking in front of a crowd
2) Your helping build a better community
3) There is nothing more exciting than telling your story, where you have been and how you got to where you are today. Taking the time to share you experience will pay dividends in the future.
4) You really get to know the Users. Bring the social back to the community.
5) You do get a free lunch 😉
Any questions feel free to reach out to us!
Call for Papers
Starting today 30th November 2011 until21st December 2011 we will be accepting submissions to be a presenter at the 19th January 2012 Winter Warmer. The selection committee will then go through the submissions and notify the selected presenters on the 28th December 2011. The presenters then Have until 01 January 2012 to accept. The presenter will have to provide a copy of their presentation to the NEVMUG by 15th January 2012.
- Submissions open: November 30th 2011
- Submissions close: December 21st 2011
- Selected presenters notified: December 28th 2011
- Presenters accept by: December 30th 2011
If this interests you please read the terms and conditions and sign up below: